Become A Volunteer
Are you planning to do volunteering in Nepal? With local people, for local people? Bungamati Foundation Nepal is a registered social nonprofit organization which offers platform for the all people who want to do volunteering in Nepal.
We provide you the opportunity to help and do something which makes significant changes in lives of children, women, and youth of poor and disadvantaged communities of Nepal.
- Teaching English, Arts, Sports, Music or ICT to children, youth and adults.
- Teacher trainings for improvement of teaching and learning.
- Teaching in community schools.
- Youth empowerment with life skills and personal and profession development.
- Awareness activities on education, environment, health and water, sanitation and hygiene.
- Self-sustainable projects to help women living an independent life.
- Social projects like creating a save and healthy environment for all people in Bungamati.
Together we develop a suitable project depending on your interest, talent, skills, knowledge and competency. All projects contribute to a better life and better place to life for children, women, youth and adult.
Volunteering means more than work
We offer the opportunity to share your knowledge, skills, techniques, and experience to develop projects, growth and help in building a better place. Your efforts will translate into a direct international social impact for the marginalized community. Your work will make a big difference in children, youth, adult and women’s life giving them opportunity to learn. In exchange we provide a wonderful time and Nepali experience in life in Nepal.
Part of family life in Bungamati
During your volunteering you participate in our culture and learn about our traditions, religion and history of life and community. You can participate in festivals, feast and religion and cultural event and activities.
We welcome everyone as a family member. We offer you a peaceful and comfortable place to stay at the host family and founders of Bungamati Foundation Nepal.
Location and duration.
Bungamati Foundation Nepal is located in Bungamati, Kathmandu valley. A peaceful cultural village, 30 minutes from Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu.
You can participate in a project for the minimum of two weeks. Starting date is possible throughout the year.
Volunteering Project cost
We ask you a small contribution of € 400 for one month for food and accommodation during your stay. (€ 100 per week and € 15 per day)
What is included in the costs?
- Program orientation, placement assistance and information prior to arrival.
- Comfortable and safe accommodation and 3 vegetarian meals a day.
- Airport pick-up and departure.
What is excluded in the costs?
- Visa/ Visa fees Nepal
- Travel / Health / Life Insurance
Excursions and city trips around Bungamati
- Next to your project you have a lot time to discover Nepal. The region offers a lot of interesting cultural and religious places to visit.
- Learn Nepali language and cooking Nepali food.
- Make a local tour in community places and temples: Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, and Patan.
- Look for adventure in trekking, bike tours, rafting, hiking, jungle safari.
Questions? Off course we help to explore and plan your activities.
Are you interested in volunteering at Bungamati Foundation Nepal? Please fill the application form below and send us.